Tuesday, December 31, 2013

CHRISTMAS FOI OTIMO!!!

Christmas was awesome!!!!!
But literally, last Tuesday I got to Skype my family, so I called and then all of a sudden someone added Jessica.......I TOTALLY THOUGHT I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SEE HER BECAUSE I WAS SKYPING THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS. Anywho miracle time. So apparently Jess was helping on a move all day Monday and didn´t email so she didn´t get my email saying I couldn´t Skype on Christmas with her. Then on Tuesday morning she called mom to ask what time I was Skyping the next day and mom said, um she´s calling in about an hour.....So Jess got to Skype with me!!! Other miracle. We were trying to decide when to Skype and Sister Rolim said that I could go first, but I had a feeling I should go second...Jess was calling Mom while Sister Rolim was Skyping...so pretty much Jessie and I were supposed to see each other! LIFE IS SO GOOD :)
So then on Christmas we all got on buses from our different areas and headed to Santos for Mission Devotional Conference thing. :) It was way good!! And all in Português and I surprisingly understood pretty much everything!! Yayyyy 
Sister Dalton and Sister Peterson singing
my homemade bracelets from my brothers :) 
Then after the devotional part we were eating lunch and the background music was David Archuletta singing Christmas songs with MoTab!! Ahhh so beautiful, and so in English :) can I say wonderful too much?? WONDERFUL Then we had a bunch of performances and my district sang Near My God to Thee, and Testimony!! Then at the end Sister Dalton and I sang Silent Night/Noite Feliz some in English and some in português. It went way well!! Other than my voice cracked a little at the end and i smiled :) oh well!!!! But it was way good!! then we went back to our apartment and I FINALLY got to open my Christmas present that I have been hauling around for a month!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I loved everything. All the homemade things and the treats and the recipes :) yayyyyyy thank you bunches!!!!

So things this week, I experience my first "summer rain" where it POURS for about 10-30 minutes and then streets are all crazy flooded. And it´s super windy, reminds me a bit of home :D
Marir came to church again!! And we have a baptism set for Saturday!! She had a problem with smoking so we´re praying she doesn´t start again, cause she believes it´s all true and wants to get baptized!!!! We have 2 new investigators!!! Elãne and Maria!! They are understanding a lot and like everything!! Elãne is so smart and when we were talking about the restoration she understood everything and the purpose for everything it was wonderful!!!! We also are teaching a boy William who is 15 and he has already gone to church for 2 months so we´re trying to set a date for baptism :)
Some funny things :) SOoo there are two words in português perigoso(dangerous) and preguisoso(lazy). So I didn´t notice the difference, so when Sister Rolim would say that is perigoso, I´m always like, How is that lazy?? ohhh It was so much better once I fixed that confusion :) Also the phrase agente means us(nos) (idk if it´s a gente or agente) but gente means people and when you conjugate nos it´s -amos in the present and agente is -a its sooo weird. I´m trying to get used to all the phrases they useeee. Oh and we are in a different city today to have p-day and it was interesting they have these gyms that look like a playground but it´s like outdoor gym equipment, sooo weird!!!! hahahhhh

well love you all!!!
Sister Amanda Peterson
Sister Rolim on the left, and Sis Dalton!! yaya

Ohhh Sis Dalton :) and yay for new friends!!

My district/zone yayyyyy

TAYLOR WOODBERRY!! sooo we were in a study group together at school this year!! Soooo we were practically like besties :) yay for SANTOS!


LOOK AT THIS SWEET MARSHMELLOW TWRILLY THING :) I loveee marshmellows...my companion has never had a smore, i needa change this

So christmas presents involved lots of chocolate!!!

NEW POTS AND PANS!!!! oiiiii sooooo good!


so this is my everyday suncreen faceee :) yay for being protected!!!!

these are pictures of the houses hereeeee, so different i know

No comments:

Post a Comment