Monday, January 20, 2014

Sooooo, I´m getting transfered

Hiiii alll!1!!
Quote time! :
This is what we used to grill :) LEGIT RIGHT????/
"The Lord´s greatest mentors have shown me that spiritual staying power comes from working past the point when others would have taken a rest." - President Henry B. Eyring

So this last p-day we had a p-day with our district and we grilled brazilian style1!! it was awesome!1! :) And I did some of the grilling, thanks Daddy for teaching me! They were all surprised that a Sister could grill :) What up!!! haha 
 
Our last p-day together as a district, wass a blast!!
So this last week we also got a call to look for a new house. Rumor was that we we´re going to stay and we were also going to get a set of elders, so we found this new apartment right across from the church...idk if they are going to rent it or not cause we aren´t staying...
But we also had interviews with President Cabral this week!!1 It was way good, he likes to practice his English so my interview was in English. It was great!1 We just talked technical stuff first and then just talked it was good to get his views on things. He is an awesome Mission President!
I tried Pastel for the first time, talk about amazing!!! Ahhh look it up :) it´s wonderful!!! Andddd I made cookies! But I didn´t have all the right ingredients and the recipe I had was a bit weird...I didn´t like them a lot but everyone else loved them and ate a bunch! It all worked out!!! So Thursday night we had noite de amizade with some people from our ward and the friends that they brought!1 IT WENT SO WELL!!! We read parts of the Book of Mormon and then had testimonies, ate cookies and played the game "big booty" but I changed they name to 'cookies" hahahaha it was way fun1!!!

BUT, we got home and...wait for it...we had no electricity... It turns out the elders before us thought they paid for the month of November but it wasn´t paid for in the system. We had already paid December and January so we were confused. But it was kind of funny! We got to plan and write in our journals by candle light :)  So this is our candle light planning haha such a funny experience
I MADE FRENCH TOAST! BEST BREAKFAST YET! the syrup didn´t have brown sugar though but it was so good!! Thanks mom for sending me with black walnut extract!!!  

So I wanted to make syrup right?? So I went to the store to buy brown sugar;;;18 reais!!! thats like 9 dollars. RIDICULOUS! soooo i just used normal sugar haha, but i made french toast and Sister Rolim has never had it before so that was a good experience!!!! yayyyyy

 
I gave a talk on Sunday!!! It went way well and everyone understood me! There was a story that I used but I could only find it in English, so I spent an hour with 2 diferent dictionaries and reading every line to my companion until I finally got it translated. It was worth it!! :)
Something funny, we were visiting an in-active yesterday and her daughter had on a t-shirt that was in english "butterfly sweet fligth" i think its funny that a lot of things here are in English. It´s even funnier when it is spelled wrong :) also I learned that there are about 800 in-actives in my area...we have like 150 that attend sacrament. That´s a lotttttttt.
But we got the call last night that we are both getting transfered. We think they are going to put 4 elders here. But that´s okay!! Kinda weird becasuse I´m only half way through my training, but it´s all good!!! The Lord knows what he´s doing! :D
Well I love you all11!! stay strong and always walk with the Lord!!
Love,
Sister Amanda Peterson

sooo I got a new name tag!YAY!!! So my new name tag is spelled wrong HaHAHAHA now its a keepsake :0
 
This was this HUGE snail that I found, literally half as big as my hand :) wayyyy cooll!1 I was gonna pick it up but sister Rolim said that I could get sick..I decided to play it safe :)




So I think this sign in the most funniest thing ever!1! If this was in the united States I think people would be offended. But this is on the busses here. If you don´t understand, look at the first picture on the left :D
 
This is the center of Mongaguá!!! Then there's where everyone lives which is the other direction!! But it´s right on the water!1
They have this park during the summer and all the names of the rides are in English!!! But this is the ferris wheel, we can´t ride it but the picture is cool!!1




No comments:

Post a Comment