Monday, September 15, 2014

The Wait

Hey!!!
 
So a little summary about the people we are working with:
 
Ana Lucia - She is amazing!! She stopped drinking coffee!! And she was super excited! She didn´t come to  church on Sunday :/ I don´t know what happend. She was super excited to come with us but then when we went to go get her in the morning, the door man called up to her apartment and no one answered. But we are going to keep working with her because she is super strong and excited!
 
Jaysa - A new lady we found to teach! When we talked about the Restoration she loved everything and she cried during the first vision!! She was a miracle to find because we found her at about 8:50 at night...so I have learned the lesson to not give up, even if you only have 10 minutes before you have to be home. We finished our lesson at 9:23 and ran home to get inside before 9:30. We can´t break a rule after the Lord just blessed us!!!! She wasn´t able to go to church because she has a 1 year old who didn´t sleep the night before :/ But we are going to keep working with her, she is really amazing!
 
Marcos and Patrícia. So, marriage in Brazil takes a little bit of time. Once you have everything ready, they make you wait... so we have to wait until October 24th. Then they will be baptized on the 25th. I am so excited to continue working with them. We have transfers next week so I hope that I will be able to stay and continue seeing their progress. They all went to church on Sunday in their Sunday Best!! It was the first time that they came in church clothes :D I almost cried when I saw them!!!
 
We had a super cool activity on Saturday in another Ward and we taught anyone who wanted to come and know about the church all of the missionary lessons in 5 minutes each. It was really cool and the people learned a lot!! Now this week the sisters there are going to teach them all and I´m excited to see how it goes!!
 
We already started our christmas choir if you can believe it. It´s all missionaries and we are going to go around doing firesides for the stakes here. I´m excited. I was playing the piano for the first rehearsal, but I think I am going to sing because the Sopranos need help and the other pianist is an alto..we will see how it goes. I´m excited :D
 
I have been learning alot about how we can trust in the Lord. I feel like when everything is going well, it´s really easy to trust him. But it´s those times of dire need, and hardship that our faith and trust can grow. Even when everything is going wrong we have to trust that He is in control and if we do His will, it will all work out in the end.
 
Love you all! Have a wonderful week!
Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment