Monday, November 24, 2014

ELDER HOLLAND CAME TO MY MISSION!!!!



I don´t even know how to describe this week.
Tuesday we had the most amazing thing ever!! ELDER HOLLAND CAME TO MY MISSION!!!! It was WONDERFUL!!! He taught us so many things!!! I would like to share a couple of things. Imagine if Jesus Christ was walking with us as we went throughout our day, Imagine if Heavenly Father was at our side during our hardest moments, would we think that we are invincible? That nothing is impossible? I know I would!!! Then Elder Holland mentioned something interesting. We have the Holy Ghost with us. He isn´t just a companion, just a comforter, he is a God that we have received as a gift from our Father in Heaven. WOW. I have always loved having the Holy Ghost with me, but I don´t think that I have always fully understood WHO HE IS and WHAT HE CAN DO to help me in my life. With Him I should feel invincible, that NOTHING is impossible!!! I think that sometimes we take advantage of this gift that we have. I am trying now to notice more how he helps me and how I can be more worthy to have his presence.
Elder Holland also gave a devotional for all the members in our mission that night and it was so cool! He told a story about his dad and how he was inactive and he returned to church. It was super cool!!! He was showing that no one is lost and that we can really help to rescue the members of our ward!!!
Saturday we had a Family Home Evening with Marcos and Patrícia and their friends who are members. It was SUPER AWESOME!! I taught them how to make snickerdoodles and we had a lesson and fun activity. We are waiting for the papers to change their stately union to be marriage. Then they are going to be baptized :D YAYAYAY They are so amazing!!
Sunday Marcos and his son João Pedro came to church but Patrícia didn´t come because the baby was sleeping :/ but they loved it! I ended up teaching gospel principles because the teacher couldn´t make it, but it was super good!!!!
I want to write A TON more things about Elder Holland but I don´t have time so I´ll write a little more next week!!!

Really strive this week to listen to the spirit and really understand WHO HE IS, and HOW HE CAN HELP YOU!!! The Lord said it was better to have the spirit than to see an angel. IMAGINE that! HE IS IMPORTANT!!
Love you all!!
Sister Peterson

Pictures : 
A family from our ward is moving. The mom isn´t a member but she couldn´t get baptized because she was living with someone. But they are seperating and she is moving to the north. TShe already found where the chapel is there and she is going to go and get baptized! I am so excited for her!!!
Our FHE with Marcos and Patrícia and the Lira Family.
I taught them how to make snickdoodles and we had a fun activity for the lesson!! It was a super success!!!!!
Sister Mio made us peruvian food!! We ate ceviche. It´s fish that you eat raw but you put lime in it so the lime kind of cooks it. IT WAS SUPER YUMMY!!!!!! yayyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment